Build Plate - Precut PEI sheet with 3M adhesive backing(Size:Flashforge Creator Pro (225mm x 150mm))
This is a replacement PEI sheet for use as a 3D printer build-plate, an upgrade from the stock Flashforge or BuildTak sheets which adheres to the print bed in the same manner to provide an ideal surface for printing. PEI (polyetherimide) is a strong, rigid plastic that withstands high temperatures and offers excellent electrical insulation over a wide range of temperatures. The material has excellent dimensional stability, due in part to its good creep resistance and low moisture absorption, this build sheet provides a stable build platform for 3D printed objects to adhere to while allowing for a clean, easy removal of completed builds.
This surface is also a lot more durable than the Flashforge and BuildTak sheets so doesn't need to be replaceed every 100 printing hours and in fact in our testing we've racked up over 400 hours of prints without having to replace the bed thus far.
What we've tested it with:
- ColorFabb XT
- ColorFabb XT-CF20 (Carbon Fibre)
- ColorFabb Woodfill, Bronzefill, Copperfill, Brassfill
- Ninjaflex (and a few unbranded flexible filament types)
- Nylon (with layer of water soluable glue - PVA)
What it does NOT work with:
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Works great with ABS, PLA and more without the need to change the surface. No hairspray or acetone slurry pretreatment required.
- Easy to use with Nylon - simply run a gluestick (blue-stick or glue-stick recommended) over the section of bed you want to print on; clean off with water on a wet rag when done.
- Easy installation to the print bed due to adhesive backing.
- Durable. With optimal care can last over 500 hours of use while providing extended protection to the original print bed surface.
- Creates an optimal bond between the 3D printed object and the build surface for the duration of the print. When builds are complete, the 3D printed object can be cleanly removed with minimal prying or scraping, ABS if left to cool will pop right off the bed.
Please note these sheets are cut to fit the Flashforge Creator Pro build plate (150mm x 225mm) however if you require a different size please feel free to get in touch.
FantasticBy: Justin Brown on 15 December 2015Easily the best build surface you can go with. Little to no prep required (beyond the occasional wipe-down with methylated spirits), excellent adhesion, and trouble-free. Not to mention that it makes bed levelling a lot easier since it's rigid, unlike flexible bed materials like buildtak.
Best upgrade you can doBy: Ben on 23 September 2015I'd read all the hype, and couldn't believe that a surface could be that good... but it is. New layers stick like glue to the hot bed, and pop off easily once the bed is cool. And then... no cleaning, no peeling off bits of tape, no re-applying, just print something else! Amazing! Highly recommended. I asked for an "uncut sheet", which is 300x300 mm. I then applied this to my delta's round heatbed and trimmed with a dremel. Easy to do.